Monday, February 25, 2008

Reflection 2: Teaching on the Mexican Border

I have thought about where I might like to teach and I have entertained the idea of teaching on the border between Mexico and California, because in some ways I believe God might be calling me to work with Latin American communities. I am not sure. I am learning Spanish right now, because whether I work on the border or stay in Washington its bound to become useful. I would pick the border for a few reasons.

1. I love sunny days. :)
2. I want to interact with the Hispanic community.
3. It would be a good place to have a ministry for people who have been rescued from human trafficking, because many of it happens on the border.

Few things:
1. Drug lords are a problem. I might get my property vandelized.
2. I would probably have to go places with at least one person or stay out in the open. Although that is already true for me and most other people here.
3. I would be away from family and friends.

Just some thoughts.

No comments: