Monday, February 25, 2008

Reflection 1: Importance of Learning Spanish/tips

There is a good chance many of us will have students in our class whose first language is Spanish. For that reason I think it is important for all of us to know at least the basics of Spanish and know some common words used in the classroom. I will post a website with some resources to help us with our Spanish. There are some matching games that might help you.

123teachme/learn_spanish/fun_and_games

123 teach me home page

As for your non-Spanish speaking students, maybe practicing Spanish by having pen pals who speak Spanish might help. I have been writing to and receiving letters from someone strictly in Spanish. I use the translator since I have just started studying the language. Even though the translators are not always accurate and even though I want to get to the point where I do not need the translator anymore it still supplements my learning. I have picked certain words up too. Here is a link to a translator someone recommended for me to use.

Babel Fish

No comments: